Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beauty

While out and about, I saw these flowers. My day was rushed as many errands needed to be completed. You always hear the phrase "Take time to stop and smell the roses", but do we? I don't know why but seeing this pretty bush outside the mall had me stop and reconsider my day. Why did I have to hurry? I had no *real* answer.  So I slowed down. We added a nice leisurely lunch to our agenda. I allowed the kids to play in the Playground the mall offers. My errands were still done completely. Nothing was *late*.
Sometimes it's easy to be caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, and being a mother of 2 (3 if you count my husband) I know this all too well. I have always prided myself on soaking in every precious memory I could with my children. For they grow far too quickly and I did not want to miss a thing.
I got going a bit too fast today and I thank these flowers for slowing me down. We should always take time and "Smell the Roses" (or whatever flower you stumble across!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...