Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13: Hot Cocoa Bar

So todays' Advent Activity was to make a cocoa bar. I decided to use the recipe found from Ghirardelli's website. Only issue was I could not find the cocoa anywhere! I did find the chips though. While I used Hershey's cocoa, I pretty much followed this recipe to the letter.
It made an extremely creamy and intense cocoa. This was probably the most decadent cocoa I've ever tasted. The whipped cream did calm it down but it was still very rich. My 10 year old couldn't handle but a couple sips. It was too much for her.
Here is the recipe I followed:



                    Start to Finish: 20 minutes                                   

4 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 recipe Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Stick cinnamon

Cinnamon Whipped Cream

3/4 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1. In a 3-quart heavy saucepan, combine half-and-half, Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa, and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until just boiling and mixture is smooth.

2. Serve immediately in demitasse cups or shot glasses with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and stick cinnamon.

Cinnamon Whipped Cream

1. In a chilled medium bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon. Beat with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).


And now it's picture time!
Super yummy Cocoa!

Toppings!
cocoa sized marshmallows
Chocolate covered spoons
sprinkles
(whipped cream from recipe above)

Cup I used, haha

His yummy face



We also had spinach rollups shaped like a tree. I cut the star in a hurry and it ended up to big, but kids still loved it. 
Sebastian wanted to put mustard on it for me, and he ended up making a face! He is so my kid :)
Dinner

 


 
 



          








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...