Sunday, August 21, 2011

Glow Jars

I have been toying with this idea for a while now, and I think it turned out really well. The reason I think it went so well, is because the kids wouldn't stop talking about it!
We made glow jars today. Super simple. We used an old baby food jar. (click on photo to enlarge. Sebastian was actually holding it!)
Simply take a glow stick, cut a piece of it off with a sharp knife, and pour contents into a small glass jar. Next I screwed on the lid, and gently rolled it around to spread the gloop.
Then you just take your child into a dark room and let them play!
Sebastian loved twirling it around and creating light shows. Skylar mentioned it would be a cool light in her bedroom, so that's where it stayed after Sebastian was finished.
My only complaint would be, I bought cheap clearanced Glo Sticks. This meant the color wasn't as bright as it could have been, and didn't last very long at all. Next time I will try to get better quality Glow Sticks. BUT the upside was: the kids didn't notice. They simply swirled them around in the dark and played and laughed. What more could you really ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...