Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8/8/11 MM (I wanna touch it!)


So today the kids played with Gloop. Is there a better term? Skylar and I referred to it as Oobleck from Dr. Suess.
You have probably made this at school or some other point in your life.
Making gloop is a 2 ingredient ordeal. How cool???
You need water and cornstarch. EASY PEASY.
I made 2 separate bowls as I was unsure on how you *share* this type of activity.
I also colored it. I'm sure you can tell by now, we love color. We try to add color to a lot of our crafts, and even food. Haha. Skylar wanted Blue Gloop and Sebastian wanted his to be green.
All you do is add however much water you want and double that for the amount of cornstarch needed.
Skylar's was 1 cup of water (mixed with food color) and 2 Cups of cornstarch
Sebastian's was 1/2 Cup of water and 1 Cup of Cornstarch.
He was a little weirded out by the concept of what he was supposed to do, but once he got going, you can see the excitement on his face! He thoroughly enjoyed this, as did Skylar. She told me it was a Science Experiment as well. She said the substance didn't make sense, like Jello doesn't. Is a solid? Is it a liquid? Who cares??? It's FUN!!






Keep it moving and it is a solid

Let it rest and it's a liquid!
Move it again and it'll re harden!



3 comments:

  1. We haven't done this in ages! Ivy did enjoy it though. I will have to make this again sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks neat. I have been feeling like a bit of a monster mummy lately I've been so busy. Think I might let the kids gloop it up in the next day or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm glad you liked it!
    I kept it in an air tight container and reactivated it with a splash of water today they played with it again! (and still refused to let me throw it away, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...