Friday, February 11, 2011

More time for the older monster

Today was a really fun day. I was able to go to my daughter's school and have lunch with her, which I have not done all year!! GASP. I was always so involved with everything from K-2, but have been a major slacker when it comes to this 3rd grade. Have I gotten lazy? Too busy? Is this typical for a mom to slack off as the kid gets older? It is because I now have another monster?
I honestly think it's a combo. I seriously hate to blame Sebastian, but honestly, it is difficult juggling him, his stroller, and all his stuff up to her classroom. Especially since she moved up a floor! She is fab about it, but I don't like it. She understands, but still wants me there at the same time.
My mom came this time, to help me juggle. That was really great. We were even able to stay for her valentine's party. Once there everything went really smooth. It's the coming and going that is rough. Sebastian is nearly 29pounds now. Add his full size stroller loaded w/diaper bag, purse, coats, etc up a few flights of stairs. Ugh, good times!!
Still that being said, I am looking forward to showing up on her birthday and would happily welcome a third monster....maybe I'm just masatistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...