Sunday, June 10, 2012

Staycation Day 1: Sophie's Day



OK, so obviously, she can not choose a location on her own, so Mommy helped :) Miss Sophie got her ears pierced. She did AMAZING!
I chose Piercing Pagoda as the location to get Sophie's ears pierced. They require the child be 2months old and have those VAXes. They are certified by both the CDC and the FDA. I liked this option verses taking her someplace like a Claire's. No offense to Claire's, cuz I LOVE them, but I'm not keen on the idea of a teen poking holes in my tiny baby, ya know?
So they had me hold her, facing outward and rubbed her ears w/an alcohol wipe. She whined during this and during the next step of the purple dots being drawn on.  But a few "shh"s calmed her and the gun didn't bother her at all. As soon as I turned her toward me again, all was back good. I simply LOVE her earrings. This girl is just too much cute.
Here are a few pics of our Day 1:
Right after her piercing.


my 2 girls!
mall play land

pretzel snack


they rode the merry go round 4times
lunch at McAllister's Deli <waiting on our food >

CLICK ME FOR DAY2: SKYLAR'S DAY
CLICK ME FOR DAY 3 TAKE 1
CLICK ME FOR DAY4 SEBASTIAN'S DAY TAKE 2

2 comments:

  1. Cat,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's
    ears pierced as an infant. She is adorable with those little earrings. I think you were a super smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them. She'll thank you later!

    Our ped also encouraged to do it when mommy could care for them. I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Like you, I kept seeing babies and little girls with earrings and how cute they were with little gold studs in their ears poking through their hair.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears
    pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

    If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and kind words!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...