Friday, April 15, 2011

A Piggy Production Day 4

Today I decided to tackle the Tissue Paper Pompoms. It is really very easy and fun! Just be careful because it rips so easily. I used Floral tape as well as wire, but it's not needed. I doubt I'll buy it next time I do this. (yes, next time, cuz they are so pretty in my opinion)
*Items purchased
-3 packs of tissue paper (9 sheets each)$3
-1 roll of floral tape $1
-1 pack of floral wire $1
*Items on hand
-scissors
-fishing line
Total Cost: $5



*first just open up your pack of tissue paper and lay it all out on a flat surface

*then you do a simple accordion fold, flipping back and forth. I just eyeballed it and didn't measure how wide my strip was. Just try to make them as straight as possible.

*This is what it should look like when your fold is finished.

*OK, haha,  this is when you find your center and wrap floral wire around it. THEN add floral tape if you chose to. Well, I  was getting tired and did it backward. Doesn't really matter, though

*Optional> I like the scalloped look to my pompoms. Skylar tried a test one and made hers pointed. To get scalloped, cut a curved each to each side. A pointed edge requires you cutting into a V shape on the ends

* Now you simply pull each sheet of tissue paper toward the center, going back and forth from side to side.

*What it looks like with one half completed.

* Finally you flip it over and do the other side.
Finished Pompom

*I did 3, using an entire pack of tissue paper per pompom. At the party, I will tie fishing line to this and hand them from the ceiling.

Please let me know what you think! (and post links of your pompoms! I'd love to see them!)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, yes. I know what these are and I know how to make them! I've made them before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...