Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Say Cheese!!!

Oh my goodness!! I was in complete awe on Monday Morning when my mail arrived.My beautiful shiny gunmetal blue (not black like I expected) camera was suffocating in this black box. I rescued the poor thing from it's wrapping and set it on charge instantly. Then I grabbed the book. The encyclopedia. WOW, this thing came with some serious instructions! Before I gave myself a migraine by reading it, I figured I would just marvel at it's beauty. I attached the tiny little lens cap strap (which I highly advice so you won't loose it) and then the bigger -what I call neck-strap. I brought the camera around to everyone in my house showing them this adorable new camera. I couldn't even do anything, like turn it on, because the battery was on charge. I knew the time had came and I couldn't avoid it. I had to read the book. The scary encyclopedia sized book. Other wise, everything would be set to auto and I would basically get what I can get from my Kodak. So I picked it up.
An hour later I still sat staring at this book, flipping back and forth and looking at my camera. I was intimated. By a CAMERA. How odd, right? I started thinking maybe I bit off more than I could chew. Would I ever be able to create beautiful pictures?
After the battery was charged (took 2 hours 10 minutes) I decided to just start playing. I hoped something I read would have found it's way into some part of my brain because on the surface I had no clue what words I soaked in. I snapped a couple pics in Auto Mode, which gave me my Kodak type of quality. Then I tried out Macro. OMG!! Love this setting. you can get up to 1cm from your subject and as long as you properly have the other things set, it's all sorts of gorgeousness! I played around with various settings and took TONS of photos, deleting all my blurry ones or ones that didn't look the way I wanted. Here are some examples. Oh, and yes I still think my 1st impression was right. This camera is hard to get down, still don't have it 100%, BUT given these were all taken by a complete amateur on her 1st photo shoot around her house, I think it's pretty impressive I mention I LOVE this camera yet??? Cuz I do!!!
                                              Zoom Example

My "Loved Macros"


Aperture (blurring the background)

Probably my complete favorite. I even got the dewdrops!

This was cool. I got Skylar's frog in it's tank, while in her dark room!

My living room is the worst, so I was pretty impressed by this!

Running Water to show movement: love it

This was fun. I opened my window and turned on the flash. It was uber dark, so I had no clue what I'd get.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...