Feeding kids can be a challenge, but this site can satisfy the pickiest eater. Thankfully mine are too choosey, but I love this site for changing it up. I can easily find something we haven't had in a while or even ever tried!
Two that I have on my list to try asap are:
- 1 cup packed kale leaves*
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. The kale will remain in tiny pieces -- that is okay.
- 2. Pour the mixture into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 4 months.
- 3. Unmold and serve.
- Note: This also makes a great smoothie if you have any puree leftover. Just pour in a glass and drink up!
- * Collard green, spinach or other leafy greens work as well
- 1 cup zucchini, broccoli, and/or cauliflower
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1. Place the vegetables in a food processor and pulse to chop fine.
- 2. Add the chopped vegetables into a bowl along with the flour, salt, egg, basil and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- 3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and place 1 tbsp of the batter into the pan for each pancake.
- 4. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Accompaniments: Marinara sauce, Ketchup, or Mustard