Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Tell me about the train place"

Today is Aug 1 and this is all I have heard from Sebastian since July 23rd. Doesn't sound like a long time? Well I assure you, it is. Not to sound harsh but it can get frustrating when that's the only thing he says. "Tell me about the train place". All day, every day. Haha, gotta love his enthusiasm I guess.

So, what is the train place and why has the 23rd made that all he can talk about?
It is called EnterTRAINment Junction and I made the wise decision to take my monsters there. We went during the Christmas in July event, which includes a visit to Santa in the "North Pole". The "train place" is absolutely adorable. It features 25,000 feet of track making it the largest indoor train display EVER! In the middle of the train display, you can take a break with younger kids and visit the playland they named "Imagination Junction". Then continue on to the self guided train tour.
They also offer the A-Maze-ing Funhouse, which is basically several hallways with various "funhouse" things. We made the mistake of doing one with lots of loud sounds/air blowing/and strobe lights as our first stop. Novice mistake. Now we know better, haha. Sebastian nor Skylar was digging that one. Skylar, being older, was able to recover and enjoy the rest of the funhouse. Sebastian, however, was d.o.n.e. He no longer has interest in ANY of the rest after that.
But oddly enough, now he wants to hear about that hall, as well as everything else, over and over. And over again.

Now he wants to go back. Skylar does as well, even the hubby enjoyed himself, which is weird cuz outside movies, he doesn't really like anything. So I see us going back soon... ok, well I hope, haha.

Few things I'd like to mention if you go:
*The cafe is overpriced, like most places like this. We simply grabbed a pretzel and Diet Coke (Skylar and Sebastian shared, and I got my own. Hubby didn't want anything, until he stole my drink..typical)
*The train display exit door shoots you directly into the gift shop.  Pretty genius on their part, i have to admit
*MOST IMPORTANT: If you have a crazy toddler like me: prepare to hear the title of the post... A LOT. :P

I do have to say thought, it is really a lot of fun, hopefully y'all can go and enjoy it with your family!
And as usual, here are some photos for your viewing pleasure!

Train display starts off with really old school trains and gets more modern as you go. Very neat.


One of Skylar's favorite displays

Time to see Santa!

Kiddos at the "North Pole"

Telling Santa what they want

Can YOU get the gold key?

Fiber optics galore, lol

Vortex tunnel was probably my favorite.

Maze of Mirrors

This was like mirror maze, only with curtains. you had to find your way out.

Is this the right way?

Clown College. Skylar LOVED this room

Playland, but Sebastian was far too tired to play.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...